Dear all,

I have a question that I think should be easy to answer, but which is proving very difficult because my university doesn't teach medieval history, and so doesn't have access to many of the resources I would usually consult.

I'm currently interested in St Nichasius (also known as Cassius or Nicaise), because he appears in several charms against pox recorded in medieval England.  I've come across several scholars claiming that Nichasius of Rheims recovered from smallpox shortly before he was killed by the Huns in 451.  This is apparently one of two versions of his story - the other says that he was killed by the Vandals in 407.

I want the smallpox reference from the vita to explain why Nichasius might appear in charms against pox, but I've only been able to find editions of the vita with the Vandals.  Does anyone know where I might find the version with smallpox and Huns, either in a printed edition or even in a manuscript?

Best,
Katherine