Dear Colleagues,

The Altmetrics Conference needs you! After another successful year (read about it and watch the session recordings at http://altmetricsconference.com/) we are hoping to move the event to the US for 2020.

2020 will be our 7th year of bringing together librarians, research administrators, researchers, publishers and technology providers to explore different topics relating to altmetrics and the wider scholarly communication and research evaluation agenda.

Call for hosts

If your institution or organization might be able to host the conference next year we’d love to hear from you! Typically run over a 4 day period in September or October, the conference attracts around 150 people from a range of organizations.

We’d be happy to provide more information on the specific requirements if this sounds like something that might be of interest - please get in touch at [log in to unmask]

Call for organizing committee members

We are also on the eye out for some new organizing committee members! You don’t need to be an expert in altmetrics (although having an interest is essential!) and anyone is welcome - we’re particularly keen to get some more representatives from academic institutions in this group. You can view the 2019 committee here: http://altmetricsconference.com/organizing-committee/

You’d need to be able to commit to joining monthly planning calls (plus a few more as we approach the date of the event) and providing input on the program, submissions and overall structure of the event.

If you’d like to join the committee please get in touch at [log in to unmask] and we'd be happy to provide any additional information that would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Cat and the Altmetrics Conference Committee

http://altmetricsconference.com/