Hi Yvonne,

I'm also in a relatively new role as Research Impact Librarian at the University of Alberta in Canada.
We have just completed writing up our service program which will be going to our strategic leadership team on November 26th for approval!!!
So nothing is official until that meeting, but we plan to offer the following services:
The service part is well defined at this point,  but most of what we plan to offer will be education and that will include workshops geared towards research staff, newer faculty members, and post-docs. And of course, we will do consultations with anyone who needs to sit down with us for individual training/discussion.

So far we haven't been advertising any services yet as we're not "official", but we have done a few things for people who have asked which so far has been helping a few Faculty members applying for large grants, benchmarkings reports for 2 of our Faculties, and a few consults/small teaching sessions with folks from our International office, journal editors, and research staff.

Unfortunately,  since we haven't launched anything yet, I can't report on uptake. But when we did our needs assessment, it was clear that there is a strong interest and a desire for help from the library around research evaluation from across campus, but who knows what will actually happen . . . Ask me in a year :) It may end up being the quietest year of my working life.

Regards,

Thane

Thane Chambers, MLIS I Research Impact Librarian I University of Alberta I Edmonton AB Canada I 1-780-492-9684 | @thanec

The University of Alberta is located in ᐊᒥᐢᑿᒌᐚᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Amiskwacîwâskahikan) on Treaty 6 territory and respects the history, languages, and cultures of the First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and all First Peoples of Canada, whose presence continues to enrich our institution. I acknowledge the violence and mistakes of the past and look forward to a future that works in partnership with Indigenous communities. Wondering what you can do towards reconciliation? Here are 150 ideas.