Hi all,

This probably only applies to a small fraction of this list’s subscribers, but here goes. Please find attached information about an open position at the University of Oxford, UK, for an Associate Professorship (or Professorship) of the Geology of Planetary Processes at the Department of Earth Sciences. Full details can be found at the following link:

https://my.corehr.com/pls/uoxrecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form?p_company=10&p_internal_external=E&p_display_in_irish=N&p_process_type=&p_applicant_no=&p_form_profile_detail=&p_display_apply_ind=Y&p_refresh_search=Y&p_recruitment_id=144125

The University of Oxford is consistently ranked as one of the top few universities in the world for quality of scientific research, and the successful candidate will join an expanding group of researchers in the Department of Earth Sciences – including myself – who have an interest in planetary geology. I spent seven years at Oxford during my undergraduate and graduate degrees, and am returning in January 2020 in a research and teaching role, so I am happy to answer any questions that anyone may have about the city, the University, or the Department.

Thanks,

Richard Palin

Assistant Professor of Metamorphic Geology,

Department of Geology and Geological Engineering,

Colorado School of Mines,

Golden, CO 80401, USA

http://inside.mines.edu/~rmpalin/

Tel: +1 (303) 273-3819

“Rocks are records of events that took place at the time they formed. They are books. They have a different vocabulary, a different alphabet, but you learn how to read them.” – John McPhee

To unsubscribe from the GEO-METAMORPHISM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-METAMORPHISM&A=1