Hi everyone,

A quick reminder about a 2-day conference discussing the interplay between brittle and ductile deformation, rheology, and metamorphism, that we will be holding at the Royal Society in London on 17-18 February 2020 (titled "Understanding earthquakes using the geological record"). The meeting aims to bring together a diverse range of scientists who work on the behaviour, rheology, and physical and chemical evolution of fault zones and the surrounding lithosphere. The meeting will include representatives from the geodesy, metamorphic and igneous petrology, experimental rock mechanics, seismology, structural geology, and numerical modelling communities.

Confirmed speakers (alphabetical order): Jean-Philippe Avouac, Whitney Behr, Roland Burgmann, Ylona van Dinther, Kristina Dunkel, Ake Fagereng, Lucy Flesch, Lars Hansen, Greg Hirth, James Jackson, Simon Lamb, Luca Menegon, Sandra Piazolo, Richard White.

Registration is free, but must be done in advance as spaces are limited (https://royalsociety.org/science-events-and-lectures/2020/02/understanding-earthquakes/).

We encourage submissions for a poster session to be held on the first day of the meeting. We have allocated the posters twice as long as is usual for these meetings, so it should be a good session. Details of how to register for a poster are provided on the web page listed above.

We hope to see many of you there.

Best wishes,

Owen Weller, Alex Copley, Clare Warren, and Peter Cawood

Dr Owen M. Weller
Lecturer
Department of Earth Sciences (Office S203)
University of Cambridge
Downing Street, Cambridge, CB2 3EQ
[log in to unmask] | +44 (0)7465 833332
https://www.esc.cam.ac.uk/directory/dr-owen-weller

To unsubscribe from the GEO-METAMORPHISM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-METAMORPHISM&A=1