From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Debra Cox
Sent: 18 November 2019 11:28
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Work experience

Happy Monday everyone,

I have a query in regard to work experience students.

We used to offer places for students on work experience weeks. Since we closed our main site for refurbishment we haven’t been in a position to offer this but are looking at how we might resurrect this once we are open and up and running again.

I’m keen to know how are other museums operating their work experience programmes? We are going to be looking what we offer for University students separately, what I’m asking about are programmes for those under 18.

Are you offering a very specific project or do you give a general overview with a day a week in each area/department?

Do you take under 16s and 16 – 18s? Do you offer different programmes for the different age groups?

Any information you would like to share with me would be most helpful.

Thank you all in advance.

With kind regards,

Debra Cox  |  Public Programme Manager

01604 837164

Northampton Museums & Art Gallery | Northampton Borough Council | The Guildhall, St Giles Square, Northampton NN1 1DE | 0300 330 7000

Please note that the contents of this e-mail, including any attachments thereto, may contain information which is confidential or privileged, and which is solely for the use of the recipient named above.  The information contained in this e-mail, and in your reply, may be subject to disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or other legislation, and its confidentiality cannot be guaranteed.  If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Northampton Borough Council, The Guildhall, Northampton, United Kingdom, NN1 1DE
+44 (0)300 330 7000
www.northampton.gov.uk

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +