The Center for European Studies at UNC runs the Trans-Atlantic Masters (TAM) program in collaboration with 9 European partner universities: Bath, Complutense in Madrid, UPF in Barcelona, Siena, Sciences Po-Grenoble, VU-Amsterdam, Bremen, Humboldt, and, starting last year, Gothenburg.  TAM students spend a semester or year at UNC and then spend two or three semesters at our European partners.  At Complutense, Grenoble, and Humboldt, TAM students can take social science courses in Spanish, French, or German, respectively and thus can get advanced language training as well as social science education.  UNC and many of our European partners offer concentrations in European Social Policy.

TAM educates students by way of classroom and experiential learning environments. We train individuals in the methods of social-science critical inquiry and in cultural adaptability. We remain committed to and engaged with the alumni community as our graduates pursue many different types of goals in international diplomacy, business, education, politics, law, and research. You can get more information about TAM at

https://tam.unc.edu/prospective-students/

Funding from the US Department of Education in the way of Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Awards can be used while in the TAM program.  Please find out more about this funding opportunity here.

Thank you,

John

--

John D Stephens

Lenski Professor of Political Science and Sociology

Director, Center for European Studies, Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, Trans-Atlantic Masters Program

University of North Carolina

Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3449

919-260-7899

http://huberandstephens.web.unc.edu

http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/D/bo13590041.html

cid:image001.png@01D39FF5.8AA52900

To unsubscribe from the EUROPEAN-SOCIAL-POLICY list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=EUROPEAN-SOCIAL-POLICY&A=1