Dear Disability Researchers

I'd like take this opportunity to let you know of my newly published book
on *disability and development in Burkina Faso*:
https://www.palgrave.com/gp/book/9783030246778

*The book builds upon critiques of development in the disability domain by
investigating the necessity and implications of theorising disability from
the Global South and how development policies and practices pertaining to
disabled people in such contexts might be improved by engaging with their
voices and agency. It focuses on the lived experiences of disabled people
in Burkina Faso, while situating these experiences, where necessary, in the
wider national and regional contexts; and explores development agencies’
interventions with disabled people and the need to re-think these practices
and ideologies which are often framed within western contexts. This work
will appeal to policy makers, NGOs, academics, students and researchers in
the fields of development and disability studies. *

Please do not hesitate to contact me on [log in to unmask] should you
require any further information!

Kind regards

Lara Bezzina
Dr Lara Bezzina
*PhD - Disability & Development (Durham University, UK)*

*M.A. Research Methods l M.A. Human Rights & DemocratisationTwitter:
@LaraBezzina l **LinkedIn: **https://www.linkedin.com/in/larabezzina
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/larabezzina>*
*Book: **Bezzina, L. 2020. Disability and Development in Burkina Faso:
Critical Perspectives. London: Palgrave Ma**cmillan  *