The deadline for this amazing PhD opportunity to work with marine plastics in Galapagos is less than two weeks away (25 November). We are looking for a stellar candidate for this. To be successful you realistically need an excellent first degree, a good Distinction at Masters level (not necessarily in Archaeology) and some Spanish. If that's you, then do please think about applying. If it's not you, then do please share.

With thanks,

John

Professor John Schofield PhD MCIfA FSA
Director of Studies, Cultural Heritage Management
Department of Archaeology
University of York
Room K/134 King's Manor,
YORK YO1 7EP

t   01904 323968 | e  [log in to unmask]

NOTE that I will be on Research Leave from 1 October 2019. I will continue to attend to emails with my usual efficiency, but will not always be in the office, or even in York.

For publications, see my ORCID account: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-6903-7395

For my new co-authored book on The Teufelsberg: https://www.taylorfrancis.com/books/9780429442629

Archaeology of The Teufelsberg

For my recent paper on small music venues:

For my recently co-authored paper in Antiquity on Denmark Street and the Sex Pistols:

For 'Underground Heritage: Berlin Techno and the Changing City':

For Heritage and Country Music:

-------------------------- contemp-hist-arch is a list for news and events in contemporary and historical archaeology, and for announcements relating to the CHAT conference group. ------- For email subscription options see: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/archives/contemp-hist-arch.html ------- Visit the CHAT website for more information and for future meeting dates: http://www.contemp-hist-arch.ac.uk --------------------------