Thank you all, for your replies! Some of you suggested that there
could be reflections at the corners of the detector, which are 'cutted
by the edges'. This also came to my mind, but the data was collected
until 1.7A at the edges.

I will take the advice to refine against the low and the high
resolution cutted datasets and compare them. (For high resolution
limit refinement I got a R-work of 0.2098 and R-free of 0.2655 after a
few refinement cycles with phenix using isotropic parameters)

Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,
Matthias Oebbeke