Dear All,

I would like to add my 5 cents to partly answer Eugene's questions about
the script, and to follow up on Eleonor's mentioning of Zbsyzek and the
rules for placing macromolecular structures in the crystal lattice.

For the last couple of years, we have been routinely using the ACHESYM
server  for standardized placement of macromolecular models in the unit
cell cell (http://achesym.ibch.poznan.pl/) for all structure before
depositing them. It works great.

The following paper describes the server.

Kowiel, M., Jaskolski, M. & Dauter, Z. (2014). ACHESYM: an algorithm and
server for standardized placement of macromolecular models in the unit
cell. Acta Cryst. D70, doi:10.1107/S1399004714024572.

Dauter Z. On optimal placement of molecules in the unit cell. Acta
Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2013 May;69(Pt 5):872-8. doi:
10.1107/S0907444913002722. Epub 2013 Apr 19.

Ivan

With best regards,
Ivan Shabalin, Ph.D.
Research Scientist,
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics,
University of Virginia,
1340 Jefferson Park Avenue, Pinn Hall,Room 4223,
Charlottesville, VA 22908
https://www.linkedin.com/in/shabalinig/
https://minorlab.org/person/ivan_s/

----