Antonio Castellanos <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, Nov 14, 7:24 AM (4 days ago)
to ICGG
* Apologies for cross-posting *

Dear all,

we recently published an article on labour issues in oil palm (Vol. 71,
Journal of Rural Studies) that might be of your interest. Research was
carried out in the Lacandon Rainforest and Soconusco (Chiapas) and in
northern Guatemala (Alta Verapaz). In this article, we critically assess
narratives that frame oil palm as leading to rural employment and
development. We also analyse who works in oil palm production and why,
under which labour arrangements (comparing smallholdings to private sector
plantations) and how are arrangements experienced and resisted by workers
(some are migrant workers). This study delves into bodily implications of
labour in oil palm, takes into account agrarian change dynamics and what
labour in oil palm implies for a workforce differentiated by class, gender
and ethnicity.

If interested, you can find the paper at Research Gate:
https://goo.gl/EiF9AW

Or at Academia.edu:
https://goo.gl/umpk7B

Best regards,
Antonio

--

*Antonio Castellanos Navarrete*
Centro de Investigaciones Multidisciplinarias sobre Chiapas y la Frontera

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/Anthropology-Matters   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers *

To unsubscribe please click here:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS&A=1