Statistics Consultant sought for Research Project at BIICL - deadline approaching

The British Institute of International and Comparative Law (BIICL) is an independent research body and charity committed to the understanding, development and practical application of international and comparative law, and the rule of law. The institute is at the forefront of research and discussions on contemporary issues of international and comparative law through its high quality legal research, diverse range of events, training, and publications, all grounded in deep scholarly knowledge and strong practical experience. We seek to make a lasting impact on law and policy around the world.

We are looking for a Statistics Consultant to provide expert input into a project focusing on anti-trafficking legislation and policies. The project will assess the links and sequencing of specific factors that have improved political will and capacity in national governments to address efforts. The project will conduct a meta-analysis of the current research and contribute a new dataset through expert interviews, a first-of-its-kind global survey and a series of 10 case studies. More information about the project is available at: https://www.biicl.org/projects/determinants-of-anti-traffickingefforts.

Requirements

The analytical requirements of this role would be suitable for someone with experience in statistics and related techniques. It will require knowledge of appropriate software packages.
We expect the consultant will hold a postgraduate qualification (MA/MSC or higher) in statistics or a postgraduate degree in social sciences with strong training in quantitative analysis.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with, and competencies in, analysis of various types of datasets, plus a demonstrable track record of work of a similar nature, with experience on similar research projects being desirable. A good level of proficiency in English (with additional languages is an advantage).
We estimate a total of 10 days of consultancy will be required across the duration of the project (2019-2021).

Further Information

For the full job description and information on how to apply visit:  https://www.biicl.org/vacancies.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to the Project Lead, Dr Jean-Pierre Gauci, on ([log in to unmask]<[log in to unmask]>) or the Project Manager, Victoria Wyndham, ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

The deadline for expressions of interest is 24 November with interviews expected in the week commencing 25 November.

SIGNOFF allstat