Good thought Mohmed

In the Roche assay biotin interference results in raised fT4 and reduced TSH, hence mimicking hyperthyroidism.  Not sure about other manufacturer’s methods.

Lesley

From: Clinical biochemistry discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mohmed Ashmaig
Sent: 07 November 2019 12:54
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Thyroid Hormone Interference Studies

________________________________
WARNING: This message originated from an external source. Please exercise caution when opening any attachments or clicking on links.
Hello Gina,
Also please pay attention to the biotin interference, if your method using biotin and patient taking biotin (for nail and hair beauty) that is one of the common cause of erroneous results, I have seen that as a common issue here in US,
Biotin supplement also comes as one of the ingredients of some supplements,
Just a possible thought to consider
Thanks
Mohmed