Eleanor Rawling is both a walker and a cyclist, and puts forward the idea that Ivor Gurney was also a cyclist in her book Ivor Gurney's Gloucestershire: Exploring Poetry & Place.  I can’t recall which chapter she deals with the idea that the rhythm of the some poems correlates to the rhythm of cycling rather than walking.  Unfortunately I am away from home so can’t look it up at the moment. Ffin