Dear Emily,

There are several ways to proceed but the simplest would be to create a
new 4D file where you would have removed the first 8 volumes.
This is something you can do with the "3D to 4D file conversion" module
where, for the "3D Volumes" entry, you would select frames 9:480 of your
original 4D file.
As usual, be careful to adjust your onset timings according to the
number of scans you are removing.

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--