This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------
Dear All
Sorry for cross-posting.
We are currently undertaking a collections review and have identified five quilts for disposal. We are disposing because they are in poor condition and we have similar examples in the collection in better condition.
  1. PIKRL1967.409: Cotton quilt with cotton backing, central printed pattern surrounded by random cut stripes-very worn- size=168cm x 213cm date: late 19th century
  2. PIKRL5599: White cotton,north country design with white cotton backing, has had fringed edges now removed. Size=204cm x 226cm
  3. PIKRL5613: North country quilt with pieced squares, white cotton backing. Size: 115cm x 213cm
  4. PIKRL4630: Pink and blue strippy quilt with random patched cotton backing, Size 195cm x 99cm date: late 18th - early 19th century
  5. PIKRL1993.128.12: Unfinished, crazy, silk flow on cotton backing, Size 147cm x 109cm
If you have any interest in the above quilts please email me. Photographs available on request.
Thank you

Sarah

Sarah Maultby MA, AMA
Museum Manager
Beck Isle Museum,
Pickering,
North Yorkshire
YO18 8DU
01751 473653
Registered charity no. 1152735
Company limited by guarantee no. 08341084
The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST