From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Leoarna Mathias <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday 9 October 2019 09:29:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Examples of student observations of teaching

Dear Colleagues,

Here at Newman we are seeking innovative ways of influencing pedagogy, and to that end we are seeking working examples of students observing teaching as part of the educational development approach of institutions. If you have examples to share, we would be most appreciative – thank you.

Kind regards

Leoarna Mathias LLB  MAEd  SFHEA

Senior Lecturer in Student Engagement & HEADs Programme Co-ordinator

Newman University

Peters, J., & Mathias, L. (2018). Enacting student partnership as though we really mean it: Some Freirean principles for a pedagogy of partnership. International Journal for Students As Partners2(2), 53-70. https://doi.org/10.15173/ijsap.v2i2.3509

Parkes, S., Mathias, L. and Seal, M. (2018) ‘Becoming a Newman Foundation Year Student: Conscientization to Promote Democratic Engagement, Meaningful Dialogue and Co-operative Working’, Journal of the Foundation Year Network, pp. 71-86. Available here: https://jfyn.co.uk/index.php/ukfyn/article/view/21/19

Mathias, L. & Peters, J. (2018) ‘Student-staff partnership in educational development: A source of hope in dark times’ Educational Developments 19.4 p4-7

Newman University, Genners Lane, Bartley Green, Birmingham B32 3NT ( Registered Office )

Tel +44 (0)121 476 1181 Fax +44 (0)121 476 1196

Newman University is a charitable company limited by guarantee,

Registered in England and Wales with Company number : 5493384 Charity number : 1110346 VAT number : 559 1908 08

To unsubscribe from the SEDA list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SEDA&A=1