Message title: SCIENCE FILMMAKING COURSES NOV 2019 and SPRING 2020

Hi All, we've got a few spaces left on our science filmmaking course 11-13 November near Bristol.

Taught by an ex-BBC science documentary filmmaker & academic, the courses give you the skills and insight to make and promote engaging films about research. By the end of the course, academics and science communicators will be able to make professional films that increase impact and engagement with the public.

· 11 - 13 November: A 3-day course (residential optional), at Folly Farm Centre, near Bristol, UK.

· Spring 2020: The course will run again in Spring 2020. Please email your interest to be kept informed about dates.

For more details see:  www.bluefirefilms.com/training or email :[log in to unmask]

Testimonials...

“As Managing Editor of Ecography, I often help our authors to communicate their research via social media. This course gave me additional tools to make short videos for authors. I gained understanding in film-making theory as well as how to shoot films and what to think about when interviewing researchers. In addition, I learned how to edit film material in film-making software, and with simple tools, make a film look really professional. I highly recommend this course!” Maria Persson, Lund University

“I’m a biologist, and it’s important to talk not just to your peers, but to the public. What was great about the course was it covered all the stages of film-making in a week, and we got a good idea how to make effective movies that we can use in our jobs. The teacher’s background and effective communication skills were very important in conveying such a huge amount of information in just one week.” Frederico Mestre, University of Evora

“I didn’t really understand all of the steps involved in making a short documentary. Before the course and with my science training I would have probably prepared something descriptive and boring. The tricks for effective storytelling of scientific results in a video documentary were really useful and the techniques for shooting and editing videos were foundational to me. You basically leave the course with the knowledge and skills to start preparing your own videos. ”  Professor Miguel Araújo, University of Madrid

--
George Chan
01761 241875