Hi all,

We’ve extended our application deadline four days (which covers one more weekend) to 9am on Monday 4th November. If there’s anyone who think may be interested and hasn’t applied, please let them know the revised closing date! People are also free to contact me directly if they’d like any more information.

Science Media Centre Internship programme – Applications Open for Jan-June 2020 [LONDON, London Living Wage (£10.55/hr)]

The Science Media Centre (SMC) is an independent press office for science, which works on some of the most controversial topics around. We have a very popular internship programme and applications are now open for the first half of 2020. Many of our interns have gone on to work in science press or media.

We’re a small team of eight and our interns provide invaluable support and get to see everything that we work on and do. The internship mainly involves research and administrative tasks and is most suitable for final-year undergrads, postgrad students or those looking for a career change. We have interns with us all year, with each working for four weeks. Our interns work full-time 35-hour weeks and we pay the London Living Wage (currently £10.55/hour).

We’ve just opened applications for our internship programme for the first half of 2020. This is a competitive application process and the deadline for the first stage of the process is 09:00 a.m. on Monday 4th November 2019. We will aim to contact shortlisted candidates in the first week of November to invite them for an interview. This will take place at our offices in London later in November.

If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and cover letter to [log in to unmask], along with your availability for the dates of the placements listed below and on our website. Please bear in mind that the wider your availability, the greater the chance that we’ll be able to accommodate you.

If you would like more detailed information about what the role entails, the role profile is available to view on the SMC website.

Many thanks,

Alex

Alex Durk

Administrator and Executive Assistant for Fiona Fox

Science Media Centre

183 Euston Road

London

NW1 2BE

+44 20 7611 8308

www.sciencemediacentre.org

The Science Media Centre is an independent venture working to promote the voices, stories and views from the scientific community to the news media when science is in the headlines. Over 100 supporters including scientific institutions, media groups, charities, universities and corporate organisations provide a donation to support the Centre achieving its objectives. The SMC makes all organisational and editorial decisions independently of funders.

Science Media Centre is a registered charity (no. 1140827) and a company limited by guarantee (no. 7560997). Registered in England and Wales.

Any material from media outlets contained within this email is sent for the sole purpose of criticism, review and reporting of recent publications in pursuit of the charitable objectives of the Science Media Centre. Recipients should not forward any such material.

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************