-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: ZΩH: immersive science/art production about biodiversity-loss
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 15:28:55 +0100
From: Barra Collins <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
CC: Barra Collins <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all - here is an opportunity for people local to London to get involved in our new project about biodiversity-loss and climate change. Fell free to pass on to people who might be interested.

INTERESTED IN PUBLIC ENGAGEMENT THROUGH IMMERSIVE THEATRE?
The Enlightenment Café create award-winning multi-disciplinary science/art projects. Through collaboration with real scientists and our immersive approach to storytelling, we engage audiences with important real-world problems. We are currently seeking collaborators for our fifth major EC production, ZΩH, which will focus on biodiversity-loss.

The show utilises the UN’s Millennium Ecosystem Assessment and the Independent Futures Forum’s 'World Game' and provides audiences with a glimpse into the lives of climate witnesses of 2019 and 2050. Prior to the show, the audience receive research material from one of twelve departments: Water, Worldview, Governance, Habitat, Wellbeing, Biosphere, Energy, Wealth, Food, Trade, Community or Climate. In the live show, each of these departments is headed up by a scientist or researcher. They lead their group, as they take part in a thrilling race, against the clock, to create innovative ideas for one planet living. Can their ideas transform our future? Welcome to ZΩH.

“There’s plenty of talk, at the moment, about bridging the gap between arts and science, this is a show that actually does it; and provides a good, exhausting, thought-provoking night out, into the bargain.” - Review of Deadinburgh, The Scotsman

HOW TO GET INVOLVED

As part of this production there will be three live performances. An evening show on 13th November and then a matinee and evening show on the 14th November. Each performance is a public outreach opportunity for up to 12 researchers to engage the public on the issue of biodiversity loss and climate change. Our potential audience numbers across these three shows will exceed 550 members of the public, aged 14 and up.

If you would like to get involved, or receive more information on this project, please email [log in to unmask] with the following information:

A short biography
Your availability on the performance days
Which departments of ZΩH you would be happy to get involved with: Water, Worldview, Governance, Habitat, Wellbeing, Biosphere, Energy, Wealth, Food, Trade, Community or Climate.

Thanks for your help,
Barra

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************