-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Level Up Human Series 2 is here
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2019 07:45:55 +0000
From: Simon Watt <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>, psci-com: on public engagement with science <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone,

My comedy-science-podcast-panel show Level Up Human is all go again.  Its a public engagement project where we ask experts how they would redesign the human body.
You can listen on iTunes, Stitcher, podbay and all the usual places.

This time we are funded by The Physiological Society, The Society for Endocrinology and The Biochemical Society and have, so far, recorded episodes at the Barbican, microdot and Bluedot festivals.

Series 2 Episode 1- This episode was recorded at the Barbican as part of the Life Rewired season. Host Simon Watt and judge Rachel Wheeley are joined by Dr. Miles Levy, consultant endocrinologist and honorary associate professor at University Hospitals of Leicester. And by Dr. Clare Jonas, psychologist and blogger at That Thinking Feeling.
https://play.acast.com/s/leveluphuman/895acdcd-69c4-4140-806b-de642742ae27

and you can see an unedited version of what we did while we were in Manchester.  A bit of a peek behind the curtain.
With Simon Watt, Rachel Wheely, pharmacologist Dr Sarah Withers and bioethesist Andy Miah.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fUTIeBi1mc

We are in the middle of a residency at the Barbican at the moment so you can come see us live too.  We will be there this Monday (28/10) and again on Thursday 07/11.  Tickets are free but please book ahead
https://www.barbican.org.uk/whats-on/2019/event/level-up-human
We will also be going to the Edinburgh Science Festival in April

We have room for a few more recordings within the series - so if you are a university, festival or just like what we do, then get in touch and we will see if we can record something at your event.

All the best
Simon

 TW @SimonDWatt

www.readysteadyscience.com

Comedy with a conservation twist - uglyanimalsoc.com  TW @UglyAnimal

Podcast- www.LevelUpHuman.com - TW @LevelUpHuman

Book - "The Ugly Animals: We Can't All be Pandas"

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************