Dear all,

I am a member of the Dutch Health Council committee that has been asked to give advice on the ’45-minute norm’.  There is a rule in the Netherlands that the time between an emergency call in the community and the moment an ambulance has brought a patient/ client to hospital should be no more than 45 minutes. However, this rule has no evidence base. We have been asked to give advice to the government about keeping this norm or changing it – based on scientific evidence.

Can you please let me know if you have information that we can use, if you have done research into this or know of people who have? And whether you have any thoughts on this matter?

Thank you very much!

Hartelijke groeten/ Best wishes,

Logo Amsterdam UMC

Dr. Ank de Jonge | Associate professor | Head of department of Midwifery Science | Location VUmc | Room G-116 | Van der Boechorststraat 7, 1081 BT Amsterdam T: (0031) (0) 204448196, M: (0031) (0) 621115591 | E: [log in to unmask], https://research.vumc.nl/en/persons/ank-de-jongewww.amsterdamumc.nl | www.vumc.nl / www.amc.nl