The MeCCSA Postgraduate Network is looking for volunteers to join our Executive Committee for the 2019/2020 academic year.

The aim of the Postgraduate Network is to bring together postgraduate students in media, communication and cultural studies from different intellectual traditions and cultural backgrounds in order to form networks for research, teaching and learning, as well as ensure peer support.

The Postgraduate Network Committee is comprised of postgraduate students (both Masters and Doctorate levels) based at universities across the UK. Work carried out by the PGN Committee is mostly done remotely (via email, Skype, etc.), though the Committee is expected to attend the Annual General Meeting at our PGN conference (usually held in July), as well as having a presence at the annual MeCCSA conference (usually held in January).

Several roles for the upcoming year have already been assigned, however, we still have opportunities available to join the Committee in the positions detailed below:

Vice Chair
The Vice Chair is responsible for keeping records of PGN activities. The main duties and responsibilities include minute taking at meetings of the PGN and the subsequent circulation of those minutes among the PGN executive committee, as well as circulating other information pertinent to the committee’s operation. This role also requires supporting the network Chair with the co-ordination of all MeCCSA PGN events and activities. In circumstances when the Chair is unable to chair meetings, the Vice Chair fills this role.

Communication Officer
The Communication Officer is responsible for planning, developing and delivering the web-based communications of the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network. The main duties and responsibilities include circulating information on upcoming events relevant to the postgraduate community, updating the website with information on all the activities of the PGN and managing the PGN’s social media pages. You will also develop ideas to promote the Network and encourage further postgraduate participation.

To apply for any of the roles, please email Emma Kaylee Graves ([log in to unmask]) with the following details:
- Name
- Institution
- Year of study
- The role you wish to apply for
- A brief statement (maximum 100 words) on your relevant skills/interests

Deadline: Friday 1st November 2019

If you have any questions about the MeCCSA Postgraduate Network Committee or any of the roles, please contact Emma with the email address above.

We look forward to receiving your applications and welcoming some new members to our passionate team.

Best wishes,

MeCCSA Postgraduate Network Executive Committee