For the attention of Jennie Roe

Dear Jennie,

I saw your email in the LISMedical mailing a couple of weeks back and passed your email to Dr Gillian Ward, the research lead here at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists.

Here is her response to your enquiry:

The Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT) supports the development of research confidence, capability and capacity  within the occupational therapy profession in the UK and is about to launch its new Research and Development Strategy 2019-2024 on the 12th of November. To help achieve its strategic aims, RCOT will be establishing an  Occupational Therapy Research Network  to support the development of  a research community for networking, mentoring, information sharing. The network will link with existing research networks; Council for allied health professions research – CAPHR https://cahpr.csp.org.uk/ and the  Welsh occupational therapy research network ORIENT https://orient.wales/ that aims to support a Welsh occupational therapy research environment and enable occupational therapists to undertake audit, service evaluation and research to improve outcomes for the people of Wales.

RCOT are currently undertaking a research priority partnership with the James Lind Alliance to establish the research priorities for the occupational therapy profession in the UK and the RCOT Research Foundation offers grants to its members to undertake research and research career development  https://www.rcot.co.uk/practice-resources/research-and-development . In addition,  a fortnightly R&D Bulletin that promotes external funding opportunities is distributed to RCOT members who sign up to receive this communication.

Dr Gillian Ward [log in to unmask] is the Research and Development Manager at the Royal College and would be pleased to provide further information on any of the above initiatives.

I hope this is helpful and as Gill says in her email – she would be pleased to provide further information if required.

Kind regards

Anne Jenkins

Anne Jenkins

Librarian

Library & Information Service, Education and Research

Royal College of Occupational Therapists

106-114 Borough High Street, London, SE1 1LB

Tel: 020 31414616, Email: [log in to unmask]

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/theRCOT

Follow us on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/theRCOT

We have changed our telephone numbers at the Royal College of Occupational Therapists (RCOT).

My new direct dial number is 020 3141 4643

The new direct number for the Library is 020 3141 4616;  please save our new numbers to ensure you can get hold of us when you need to.

RCOT phone number change email banner_NEW_2

The Library will endeavour to use the best, most appropriate and most recent sources of information available to it.

However no responsibility can be accepted by the Library for any action taken on the basis of this information.

DISCLAIMER

This e-mail transmission, including any attachments, is strictly confidential and intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information and, if you are not the intended recipient, any review, retransmission or other use of, or taking any action in reliance upon, this information is prohibited.
The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the originator and not necessarily the views of BAOT / RCOT
If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.
BAOT / RCOT has taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus. In keeping with good computing practice, the recipient should carry out their own virus checks.
Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communication medium. We advise that you understand this lack of security and take any necessary measures when e-mailing us.
BAOT / RCOT reserves the right to read any e-mail or attachment entering or leaving its systems from any source without prior notice.

INFORMATION ABOUT BAOT / RCOT

BAOT: The British Association of Occupational Therapists Limited is a company limited by guarantee and registered in England (Company number 392350).

RCOT: The Royal College of Occupational Therapists is a company limited by shares and registered in England (Company number 1347374). RCOT is also a registered charity in England and Wales (Charity number 275119) and in Scotland (Charity number SCO39573).

The registered office of both BAOT and RCOT is 106-114 Borough High Street, Southwark, London, SE1 1LB.

To unsubscribe from the LIS-MEDICAL list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=LIS-MEDICAL&A=1