**apologies for cross posting**

Dear all,
Less than a month to go to NAG's next Collection Development Seminar and
this time we're coming to Manchester on 20th November.  The NAG Seminars
are always popular, attracting around 100 acquisitions librarians from
academic and special libraries to discuss current trends and developments.

This time the theme is *Disruption and Innovation are the New Normal *with
speakers from around the country.  Our papers include:

   - Rebecca Gower and Jayne Kelly (Cambridge University): *Is it for
   teaching, for research, or both?: collaboration on eBooks in Cambridge.*
   - Olivia Walsby (University of Manchester): *Reading List Service
   overhaul at The University of Manchester Library; Are we nearly there yet…?*
   - Natalia Gordon (Leeds Beckett): *Behind the scenes of an
   implementation: Fear the change but create the workflow anyways*
   - Sheila Candeland (Manchester Metropolitan University): *‘This is
   Manchester, we do things differently here’: the story of a collaborative
   model to support reading for pleasure*
   - J. Mackenzie (Leeds Beckett): *Breaking the perception of digital
   literacy, the contemporary conceptualisation of information technology.’
   Addressing information and communications technology knowledge in HE
   students and staff.*
   - Chris Harrison (Cambridge University Press):
* Disruption and innovation in the publishing landscape: challenging the
   binary divide *

The panel session will focus on “*Jumping Onboard: Getting spend in the
framework” *with Andrew Knight (Roehampton), Gavin Phillips (Imperial) and
Anthony Sinnott (York) discussing ways to reduce spend with online
retailers outside of the Joint Consortia Book Agreement Framework.

As usual, we will be using Glisser to share slides and encourage questions
from the floor so bring along your device and use the free WiFi to enjoy
the added functionality of being able to take notes, screenshot and tweet
from within the Glisser site with no apps to download beforehand.

NAG members benefit from the reduced price of £160 +VAT, non-members price
is £210 +VAT.  We can now offer online booking including credit card
payments via the event page on our website:
https://nag.org.uk/event/nagcd11-collection-development-seminar-for-academic-libraries/

Our prices are kept low thanks to our sponsors so a huge thank you to: Adam
Matthews Digital, Browns Books for Students, ProQuest, BDS, AnyBook Biz,
OCLC, Kanopy and Bristol University's Policy Press.

If you can't make it to Manchester, be sure to save the date for #NAGcd12
on 15th May 2020 in London!

Best wishes,

Jennie and the Seminar Team

Jennie Hillyard, M.A., B.A. (Hons.), MCLIP

Business Development Manager, National Acquisitions Group  www.nag.org.uk

Room 8, 45 Ropergate

Pontefract

West Yorkshire

WF8 1JY
@UKLibrariesNAG

Please use email to contact us wherever possible, as we will generally be
able to respond more quickly to this than to a phone message.

However, if you do wish to speak to somebody personally, the numbers are 01924
383010 and 07587 133012