Book now for CILIP ILIG 1 Day Conference Decolonising library collections and practices from understanding to action
Date: 25.11.19 (1 day)
Location: Cardiff Metropolitan University, 200 Western Avenue, Cardiff, CF5 2YB

CILIP International Library and Information Group (ILIG) in conjunction with Cardiff Metropolitan University are delighted to invite you to our event.  We believe that Libraries can be activists, champions and allies for both the Institutions they serve and the wider society in the move away from white privilege. We hope to explore decolonising universities and their libraries, by first gaining an understanding of race then by illustrating practical actions taken by libraries, which others may emulate.

The Conference will offer a chance to network and explore themes of race and innovative methods that libraries can use to decolonise their Institutions, such as UX, reading lists, etc.

For further information, ticket pricing and to book, see our website: https://www.cilip.org.uk/events/EventDetails.aspx?id=1278642&group=

Some free bursary places are available if you (or someone you know) would like to come but, for whatever reason, can't afford the ticket price.

Any questions to Jamie Finch, CILIP ILIG Chair, [log in to unmask]

Best wishes,

Jamie Finch   BA MSc Chartered Fellow Librarian (FCLIP) & Associate Fellow Advance HE (AFHEA)
International Librarian & ILIG Chair