Hi all,

A colleague has sent me the attached photo in the hopes of identifying the object. It’s on a listed wall at a local Friends Meeting House here in Winchester, although unlikely to relate specifically to either!

Amongst some obscured text on the back is the word ‘Oxford’. One thought is might it be part of an air raid siren?

Any thoughts welcome!

Tracy Matthews

Archaeologist

Historic Environment Team

Winchester City Council

Colebrook Street

Winchester, SO23 9LJ

Tel: 01962 848 380

Ext: 2380

wcc_logo_rgb_216-EmailSig

www.winchester.gov.uk

www.visitwinchester.co.uk

Facebook_EmailSig  Twitter_EmailSig

This email and any files transmitted with it are intended solely for the addressed individual. The information in this email may be confidential; if you have received it in error, please accept our apologies and notify the sender as soon as possible, and delete it from your system without distributing or copying any information contained within it. Under UK Data Protection and Freedom of Information legislation, the contents of this email might have to be disclosed in response to a request. We check emails and attachments for viruses before they are sent, but you are advised to carry out your own virus checks. Winchester City Council cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage caused by viruses.

To unsubscribe from the HERFORUM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=HERFORUM&A=1