In case of interest:

London Metropolitan Archives is proud to present its annual Disability History Conference on 22 November 2019 entitled All Work and No Play. It will focus on the themes of leisure, pleasure and purpose, inviting discussion and opening ideas on their history and the historical contingency of today.

To book tickets please visit https://worknoplay.eventbrite.co.uk

Lasted Confirmed sessions include:

Are we right in seeing sitting volleyball as an (inclusive) sport or should it be restricted to those with a physical impairment? Ken Edwards (presenting) & Kwok Ng

Play With Me! Trizia Wells Eureka! The National Children’s Museum

Pleasure, Freedom and Fun: Cycling and Disability Kay Inckle University of Liverpool

Thalidomide: Limb-Fitting Centres and Patient Agency c.1962-1975. Laura Robson-Mainwaring The National Archives

Tom Furber

Engagement and Learning Officer

London Metropolitan Archives

Town Clerk’s Department

City of London

Tel: 020 7332 3851

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma

Our current exhibition Under Ground London runs until 4 December 2019.

Title: Follow us on Facebook - Description: Follow us on Facebook      Title: Follow us on Twitter - Description: Follow us on Twitter      Title: Follow us on instagram - Description: Follow us on instagram      Title: See our pictures on Flickr - Description: See our pictures on Flickr      Title: See our films on YouTube - Description: See our films on YouTube      Title: See our latest events on Eventbrite

Tom Furber

Engagement and Learning Officer

London Metropolitan Archives

Town Clerk’s Department

City of London

Tel: 020 7332 3851

www.cityoflondon.gov.uk/lma

Our current exhibition Under Ground London runs until 4 December 2019.

Title: Follow us on Facebook - Description: Follow us on Facebook      Title: Follow us on Twitter - Description: Follow us on Twitter      Title: Follow us on instagram - Description: Follow us on instagram      Title: See our pictures on Flickr - Description: See our pictures on Flickr      Title: See our films on YouTube - Description: See our films on YouTube      Title: See our latest events on Eventbrite

THIS E-MAIL AND ANY ATTACHED FILES ARE CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Opinions, advice or facts included in this message are given without any warranties or intention to enter into a contractual relationship with the City of London unless specifically indicated otherwise by agreement, letter or facsimile signed by a City of London authorised signatory. Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by the City of London. All e-mail through the City of London's gateway is potentially the subject of monitoring. All liability for errors and viruses is excluded. Please note that in so far as the City of London falls within the scope of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004, it may need to disclose this e-mail. Website: http://www.cityoflondon.gov.uk + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +