Thanks, Steve and Taylor. The example I sent was with the default settings
in FEAT, so it was BBR for example_func2highres. I tested that again with
DOF set to 7 and it does look better but still a bit distorted (
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bw8ekd07wseh5eb/ABCD-data_BadRegistration_7DOF.png?dl=0).
I also took a closer look at the input data, and it seems
distorted/compressed there, so it must be an issue with the image (e.g.,
wrong subject) or perhaps their distortion correction caused a problem. I'm
trying to track down the raw data for this scan to see if something went
awry with their processing pipeline...

Their pipeline is a little opaque, but maybe they will eventually release
data that meets the BIDS standard. We've had some success doing the
conversion to BIDS with some of the raw data using heudiconv; but last time
I checked, it was only working with the Siemens data so we switched back to
their minimally processed data.

Thanks!
David