Dear FSL team,

I'm installing FSL on behalf of one of our users on a large cluster. To verify my installation, I was trying to run FEED. However, I quickly discovered I was lacking the imcp/immv/imglob scripts. You're FAQ here [ https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslInstallation | https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/fslwiki/FslInstallation ] seems to suggest that this means the installation didn't complete successfully. However, in this case, I believe it is because they are simply lacking from the source tarball.

The src/fslio/Makefile looks like this:

====
include ${FSLCONFDIR}/default.mk

PROJNAME = fslio

USRINCFLAGS = -I${INC_ZLIB}

OBJS=fslio.o

SCRIPTS = remove_ext fsloutputtype imtest imglob imcp imln imrm immv

all:
===

suggesting the scripts should simply be copied from this source folder. However, the source folder contains:

===
[casparl@int2 fslio]$ ls
CMakeLists.txt dbh.h fslio.tcl imln imrm imtest Makefile remove_ext
===

Now, I can of course run the fslpython_install.sh script as suggested in your FAQ, but I'm not sure if that would risk overwriting (well-optimized) binaries that already exist (plus, it pulls in a lot of unnecessary stuff like a miniconda, just to get three missing scripts...). And in any case I wanted to bring it to your attention so that you are aware of it and can fix it in the next release.

If you do not consider them 'missing', then I'd be curious to know how the source build is expected to generate them based on the current make file.

With regards,

Caspar van Leeuwen
HPC consultant