The University of the Highlands and Islands (UHI) is currently seeking a Tier 1 External Examiner for our Renewable Energy modules within our Engineering and the Built Environment Subject Network.

UHI operates a two-tier exam board system to accommodate the modular nature of our degree provision.  Tier 1 considers module resulting and programme delivery issues.  Tier 2 considers awarding and progression of students.  In this case, we are seeking an external examiner to carry out Tier 1 examining responsibilities for our renewable energy modules within our Engineering and the Built Environment Subject Network.

The appointment will run from 1 September 2020 to 31 August 2024.  An annual fee of £400 will be made in line with UHI’s external examiner remuneration policy.  The fee is payable on receipt of a report which is to be submitted at the end of each academic session.  Reasonable travel and subsistence costs will be covered.

Applications are invited from individuals working in the renewable energy curriculum.  If you wish to proceed with an application, please complete and return the attached application form along with your current CV to [log in to unmask] by Wednesday, 30 October 2019.  Applications will be considered by our Joint Faculty Executive (JFE) with a view to ensuring an appropriate external examiner team for our exam boards.  The next meeting of the JFE takes place on Tuesday, 12 November 2019.

For further details of the role and criteria for appointment, please see Section 15 of UHI’s Academic Standards and Quality Regulations – Appointment and role of External Examiner.

If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Carolyn

Carolyn Johnson

Faculty Officer

Engineering & the Built Environment Subject Network

Science, Technology & the Environment Subject Network

Tel: 01463 279274