Dear Colleagues,

Very soon on Sunday Nov 3, 2019, we close the call for experts and project leaders in the BIGSSS Computational Social Science Summer School on Social Cohesion to take place from July 6 to 17, 2020 in Groningen (Netherlands).
The Summer School has a research incubator concept. As an expert you can also work on a real research project together with motivated students.

Please circulate this among your colleagues and mailing lists. Thank you!

----
We invite applications for participation as an expert and project leader in our computational social science (CSS) summer school on data-driven modeling of social cohesion to take place in Groningen (Netherlands), hosted by the Department of Sociology / ICS at the University of Groningen from July 6 to 17, 2020. Female experts are particularly encouraged to apply. Deadline November 3, 2019.

The summer school will serve as a research incubator aimed at fostering the use of computational methods in the social sciences and developing a topical contributions to the definition, measurement, as well as causes and consequences of social cohesion broadly conceived. It builds on two successful earlier editions addressing CSS research on conflict (2018) and migration (2019). As project leader/expert you design and guide a research project of your own interest which combines CSS methods with a topical focus on social cohesion in a broad sense. Further on, you give one lecture or a hands-on workshop to all participants. Travel expenses (economy class), accommodation, and meals (half-board) will be covered. A small honorarium can be granted, if needed.
Find here the full call and more information about the BIGSSS CSS summer schools here: https://bigsss-css.jacobs-university.de/calls/calls2020/
https://twitter.com/BIGSSS_summer

--
My latest publications

Dr. Jan Lorenz - www.janlo.de
Researcher and Reader
Focus Area Diversity

Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Campus Ring 1 | 28759 Bremen | Germany

Office: Research IV, Room 61b
Phone: +49 421 200 3034
Mobile: +49 176 53448686
http://www.jacobs-university.de

Commercial registry: Amtsgericht Bremen, HRB 18117
President / Chairman of the Executive Board (Vorsitzender der Geschäftsführung): Prof. Dr. Michael Hülsmann
Managing Director (Geschäftsführer): Dr. Michael Dubbert
Chairman of the Board of Governors (Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender): Prof. Dr. Antonio Loprieno

To unsubscribe from the EUROPEAN-SOCIOLOGIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=EUROPEAN-SOCIOLOGIST&A=1