Dear all,

I may be wading in on this rather late, so apologies if this has been covered, and in more depth than I can manage here.
Through a small research project here, I have asked tutors how they see their students progressing in their knowledge formation and theoretical positioning. Bearing in mind the programmes at my institution are practice-based, I think this is an interesting area to explore as the outcome can be written or spoken and can be based on many forms of knowledge input, but the transformation is in the thinking process. The questions/themes which have arisen are:
How do students develop a process of enquiry?
How do students engage with existing debates in their field and develop their own position?
How do students develop this position in order to push their practice forward?

In response to this research we are developing a cycle to show students a process of engagement to help them formulate their own ideas/arguments/thoughts resulting in reformulated/transformed knowledge. This cycle is still in the early stages, but we have called it a process of enquiry:

Siân Lund SFHEA

EAP (English for Academic Purposes) Co-ordinator

Please check our online learning pages for details of support: EAP MOODLE

@lund_sian

Learning Support
Royal College of Art
Kensington Gore, London