Unfortunately I can’t come to this meeting, but as someone who has supervised a lot of MSc and PhD students in the social sciences, I would like to say that I definitely provide career advice and mental health support and my university definitely expects this of me in my role as a supervisor. I have to have mental health training from the university to be able to prepare for the mental health aspect, and I am constantly getting information and prompt from the university about both these areas.

Cheers

Helen

Helen Petrie Phd AFBPsS CPsychol FRSA

Professor of Human Computer Interaction
Department of Computer Science
University of York
Deramore Lane
Heslington East
York YO10 3WF

tel: + 44 1904 325603

Email disclaimer

Chair IFIP WP13.3
ViceChair (Communications) IFIP TC 13
Athena SWAN Lead and Equality Champion, Department of Computer Science

I work flexibly and I”m a night owl, so I may email at odd times. But I am not expecting any response or action outside of your own working hours.

Lafayette to Hamilton: Immigrants, we get the job done (Hamilton, An American Musical)