Thanks Takanori,

To get bfactor plots I started with 150 particles, 3.5 hours default, 14 minutes without gridding and padding, 30 minutes with either gridding or padding disabled, another 40 minutes for a last Refine3D with padding and gridding.
It’s apoferritin however, 35K particles in a 360 box with 0.52015 Å pixel size going to ~1.9 Å on full dataset. Could it be a local computing issue regarding the M-step?

Best,

Wim Hagen