ARCHIVIST(THAMES CONSERVANCY)

Ref: DEN0138

RG4m (SCP 19–22) £24,799 – £26,317 pa

Full-time, 37 hours per week • Fixed term for 14 months • Based at Berkshire Record Office

About us

Berkshire Record Office is the local archives service for the Royal County. Since 1998 we have been run as a joint service by the six Berkshire districts.

We can offer you a warm welcome into a small but dedicated team. Staff share an enthusiasm for history and heritage, and enjoy helping others discover it. You’ll be based in our modern building just outside Reading town centre, which is within walking distance of Reading station and on a bus route.

About the role

We’re currently looking for an Archivist to catalogue the archive of the upper Thames Conservancy and its predecessor bodies.

The Conservancy archive forms a unique and unbroken record of the river’s management over 200 years. It is a major resource for social history and environmental study. The postholder will be the first archivist to explore its contents in depth: as well as producing a catalogue, they will provide content for the 250th anniversary of the Navigation Commission in 2021.

This post is funded by a grant from Archives Revealed.

If you would like an informal discussion about the post please contact Ellie Thorne, Senior Archivist by emailing [log in to unmask] or on 0118 9375130.

Closing date: 27 October 2019

Interview date: w/c 4 November 2019

TO APPLY

Visit http://www.reading.gov.uk/jobs for more details on how to apply online. Alternatively, call the Recruitment Team on 0118 937 2757 (24 hour answerphone) quoting DEN0138.

Please do not send a CV: for the purposes of equal opportunities, we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.

Ellie Thorne

Senior Archivist

Berkshire Record Office

9 Coley Avenue, Reading, RG1 6AF

0118 937 5130

[log in to unmask] | www.berkshirerecordoffice.org.uk

archive.accred_BLK_email

The information in this e-mail is confidential to the intended recipient to whom it has been addressed and may be covered by legal professional privilege and protected by law. Reading Borough Council does not accept responsibility for any unauthorised amendment made to the contents of this e-mail following its dispatch. If received in error, you must not retain the message or disclose its contents to anyone. Please notify us immediately quoting the name of the sender and the addressee and then delete the e-mail.  Reading Borough Council has scanned for viruses. However, it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any) for viruses. Reading Borough Council also operates to the Protective Document Marking Standard as defined for the Public Sector. Recipients should ensure protectively marked emails and documents are handled in accordance with this standard (Re: Cabinet Office - Government Security Classification).