We are delighted to announce the completion of our Unlocking the Asylum project. Over the past two years project staff have been hard at work on the Wellcome funded project. The main of the project was to make the North Wales Hospital collection more accessible for research.

The following goals have been achieved:

Staff have promoted the project and the collection at various events including a project launch event, and events for Open Doors. These events featured talks and small exhibitions of records from the collection. The collection was also promoted at external events including the conference of the Society of the Social History of Medicine, the European Association for the History of Medicine and Health conference and the Celebrating Flintshire Women Past and Present event held at Flintshire Record Office.

We will soon be launching our new online resource which includes the updated collection catalogue, guidance on how to use the collection, and information on how to access the records.

We are hosting an evening event on Thursday 28th November to celebrate the end of the project. This event will feature talks from staff about the Unlocking the Asylum project, and a representative of Denbighshire County Council who will talk about the future of the former hospital site. The evening will also include a second chance to view the exhibition of original hospital documents from this year’s Open Doors event. Further details of this will be posted on the Denbighshire Archives Facebook page and blog shortly.

The Unlocking the Asylum project team would like to thank everyone who has supported the project over the past two years.

https://denbighshirearchives.wordpress.com/

https://www.facebook.com/denbighshirearchives/

Sarah Roberts

Archifydd Arweiniol - Gwasanaethau Digidol ac Allgymorth / Lead Archivist- Digital and Outreach Services
Archifau Sir Ddinbych / Denbighshire Archives

Dilyn ni ar Twitter: http://twitter.com/cyngorsDd - Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DenbighshireCC
Ymwelwch a ni ar-lein ar http://www.sirddinbych.gov.uk - Visit us online at http://www.denbighshire.gov.uk

Mae'r wybodaeth a gynhwysir yn yr e-bost hwn ac unrhyw ffeiliau a drosglwyddir gydag o wedi eu bwriadu yn unig ar gyfer pwy bynnag y cyfeirir ef ato neu atynt. Os ydych wedi derbyn yr e-bost hwn drwy gamgymeriad, hysbyswch yr anfonwr ar unwaith os gwelwch yn dda. Mae cynnwys yr e-bost yn cynrychioli barn yr unigolyn(ion) a enwir uchod ac nid yw o angenrheidrwydd yn cynrychioli barn Cyngor Sir Ddinbych. Serch hynny, fel Corff Cyhoeddus, efallai y bydd angen i Gyngor Sir Ddinbych ddatgelu'r e-bost hwn [neu unrhyw ymateb iddo] dan ddarpariaethau deddfwriaethol.

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files transmitted with it is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender immediately. The contents of this e-mail represents the views of the individual(s) named above and do not necessarily represent the views of Denbighshire County Council. However, as a Public Body, Denbighshire County Council may be required to disclose this e-mail [or any response to it] under legislative provisions.