It's been ages since we last checked in! Here's a few highlights from
recent months at The Familiar Strange Podcast & Blog:

1. Thought-provoking article about racism in sport and why it's so
difficult for us to label racism for what it is - by our own Kylie Wong
Dolan
https://thefamiliarstrange.com/2019/10/07/our-australian-rules/

2.  Inspiring podcast interview with Professor of Quantum Cybernetics
Elanor Huntington on why STEM needs anthropology - interview by our own Ian
Pollock
https://thefamiliarstrange.com/2019/09/16/ep-46-elanor-huntington/

3. Interesting article framing university restructures as a source of
trauma, by our resident anthropologist of academia, Dr Jodie Trembath
https://thefamiliarstrange.com/2019/09/23/is-trauma-too-strong-a-word/

4. We launched a gratitude campaign in our Facebook group, The Familiar
Strange Chats -- we go live in the group once every 2 weeks to award the
best comment of that fortnight a $10AUD gift voucher to say thanks for
engaging. Find the Chats Group here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/tfschats/

5. We launched a Patreon page. If you enjoy the content on The Familiar
Strange, please consider helping us to stay afloat moving forward - we're
all volunteers and every dollar helps.
https://www.patreon.com/thefamiliarstrange

6. We welcomed a new member to our team - Alex D'Aloia. Alex has joined us
on the podcast, and runs our Facebook Chats Group. Check out more about him
and the rest of the Familiar Strangers:
https://thefamiliarstrange.com/editorial-board/
As always, apologies for cross posting...

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/Anthropology-Matters   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers *

To unsubscribe please click here:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ANTHROPOLOGY-MATTERS&A=1