I have inherited an abandoned D8 discover with gadds C2 system without tube. I had to use a pre-owned philips glass tube we had in stock. After installation I realized spot focus window is aimed towards the gobel mirror. I don't know which window was aimed towards Gobel mirror with instruments original tube. Anyone here using a close system can tell me which window in Bruker D8 discover instruments is aimed towards Gobel mirror in Bruker installed tube?

Both spot focus and line focus direction on a normal focus sealed tube has the same X-ray intensity. Saying this is there any preferation  between point focus and line foucs for D8 discover with gadds C2 system we have ? With my Philips tube it is installed in point focus direction automatically (one of the point focus windows is directed towards the Goble mirror).  because there is a pin on the tube housing which prevents from installing the tube any other way unless I drill a hole on the target side of the X-ray tube for the pin to go into for the line focus window to be installed and aim towards Gobel mirror.

Agoo