Not sure about a Pilgrimage Path - medieval pilgrims may have started in
the parish church. A little below the south door of the parish church is
the entrance to the upper chapel, from which steps go down to the actual
well chapel. Try to find out when the remaining relic of St Winefride is
shown - it's usually once a day. You can carry on down the Greenfield
Valley (mostly on footpaths) past a number of industrial sites,
eventually reaching the ruins of Basingwerk Abbey.

In the other direction, if you like walking, the North Wales Pilgrims'
Way http://pilgrims-way-north-wales.org/ is not an old pilgrim path but
a modern long-distance footpath. A couple of days' exploration would
take you to the C19 monastery at Pantasaph, the magnificent early
medieval carved stone at Maen Achwyfan, the Neolithic caves and burial
mound on Gop Hill and some interesting churches (Llanasa, Trelawnyd and
at a push Tremeirchion).

An article by the late Rick Turner in the current Archaeologia
Cambrensis has masses of detail on the building and the archaeology of
the site at Holywell. He challenges the idea that Lady Margaret Beaufort
sponsored it. There's a lot of evidence for the initiatives of the
Pennant abbots of Basingwerk, but there's still a possibility that LMB
had some involvement - the architecture has close parallels with the
Lady Chapel that she and her son Henry VII had built at Westminster
Abbey.

Maddy

---
Prof. Madeleine Gray
University of South Wales
http://www.heritagetortoise.co.uk
http://twitter.com/heritagepilgrim
'Lle taw Duw nid doeth yngan' (St Fagan, allegedly)