Dear CAT 12 experts, dear Christian Gaser

I would like to restrict the voxel-based cortical thickness analyses to some areas (surfaces) of the provided surface atlases (Desikan-Killiany or Destrieux Atlas), i.e. I would like (for example) to restrict the analyses to areas (surfaces) in the prefrontal cortex (small surface analyses). My problem is now that CAT 12 only provides the whole atlases and not the individual surfaces of each region in the atlases. Since I did not find a way to get the individual surface regions with the options/codes of CAT 12, I used Freesurfer and the command “mri_annotation2label” to get the individual files of the atlases in MNI space. This worked without any problems. Unfortunately, these individual files seem not to be compatible with CAT 12 anymore. Thus, my questions: Is there a way with CAT 12 to get such individual surface regions (in MNI space, coded 1 for the individual region and zero everywhere else) or is there a way to make the individual files from Freesurfer (called labels in freesurfer) compatible with CAT 12?

As soon as I have the individual surface regions I plan to combine them to a small surface map using the surface calculator implemented in CAT 12. And then I will use this surface map as an  explicit mask for the analyses. I assume this will work. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide!

Best, Thomas