Hi Members,

I am collecting multimodal neuroimaging data on human subjects for
emotions. As you know, there is space and time tradeoff for every kind of
neuroimaging. To deal with this tradeoff, I am designing the experiment
using EEG-sMRI and simultaneous EEG-fMRI. With EEG-sMRI, I will be getting
both time resolution and space resolution but, as you know, the inverse
modeling is not based on particular solution but optimal solution.
Moreover, it is not possible to get the information about subcortical
processing with source localization technique. However, with the sMRI, one
can do imaging upto 1x1x1 mm voxel size. With this spatial resolution
features and functions which are lumped together can be analyzed
separately. That means high spatial resolution but with poor coregistration
and reachability. The limitation of poor coregistration and reachability up
to subcortical nuclei can be compensated using simultaneous EEG-fMRI
recording. But with 3T machine the limitation is voxel size. In both kind
of collected data I want to analyze dynamic causal interaction.

Please suggest me if I am heading in the right direction.

Thanks & Best,
Sudhakar Mishra
Research Scholar