On behalf of Renee Riedler ([log in to unmask]):

Please consider participating in a conservation community survey on methods and materials used to preserve and care for feathers: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RCVL3PZ

With funding from the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS), the American Museum of Natural History (AMNH), in partnership with the Yale Institute for the Preservation of Cultural Heritage (IPCH) and UCLA/Getty Master’s Program in the Conservation of Archaeological and Ethnographic Materials (UCLA/Getty), is beginning a three-year conservation research program focused on the preservation of feathers and bird taxidermy. We hope to create a best practice on the methods and materials used to preserve and care for feathers, including an investigation of the impacts of cleaning and other treatment techniques currently in use. For more details, please visit our project blog, intheirtruecolors.wordpress.com.

To accomplish this, we have prepared a community survey to guide our research plan. If you are a conservator or preservation professional who works (or has worked) with feather materials, please consider being a contributor.

Some important points:
The survey will most likely take around a half hour to complete.
The survey need not be completed in one sitting. You can save your work and continue responding at a later time.
The results will be used to form a consensus for the best practices in the conservation and restoration of feather conservation. Your individual responses will never be released. We ask for your name for internal contact purposes only.
We would appreciate survey completion by September 30 2019.

Link to the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RCVL3PZ

We appreciate your taking time to participate in a project that we hope will be a great asset to the field and serve caretakers of feather for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Renee Riedler
Project Conservator
(212) 313-7039