From: andrew.potts via climate-heritage list <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 5:54 AM
Subject: [climate-heritage] #ClimateHeritage Social Media Campaign in advance of UN Summit
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Climate Heritage Friends,

I’m excited to share with you the news that the Climate Heritage Network is launching its first #ClimateHeritage social media campaign. The goal of this campaign is to highlight the role of arts, culture and heritage in climate action; draw attention to the launch of the CHN MOU; and encourage organisations to sign up to the network. This campaign is designed to kick off on 17 September and run through 24 September.  This coincides with the beginning of the Global Climate Strike (20-27 September) and the UN Climate Action Summit on 23 September, among other upcoming climate events.

Attached please find a Climate Heritage Social Media Tool Kit that explains the campaign. In addition, we have prepared banners and images for your use on platforms like Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. You can find those files here. For those of you whose organisations wish to customize the images (for example, by adding your organisation’s logo), we are also providing a parallel set of illustrator files and editable powerpoint documents.  One of the goals of the CHN is to make it easier for arts, culture and heritage organisations to plug into the global climate conversation, and we hope this kit will help.

Please feel free to forward this email to your organisation’s social media team (which in many of our cases is ourselves!). Where possible, please alert your other arts, culture and heritage networks.   Remember – we are circulating the materials today but the campaign does not go live until 17 September.

A small down payment on our shared aspiration to mobilise the cultural heritage sector for climate action!

With regards,

Andrew

Andrew Potts, Coordinator

Climate Heritage Network Secretariat

ICOMOS Climate Change and Heritage Working Group

Le Groupe de travail de l'ICOMOS sur le changement climatique et le patrimoine

www.icomos.org

Thomas H McGovern
Professor
Director,
 Zooarchaeology Laboratory
Anthropology Dept.
Hunter College CUNY
695 Park Ave NYC 10065
dept. phone (001) 212 772 5410
dept. fax      (001) 212 772 5423

Coordinator
North Atlantic Biocultural Organization (NABO)
www.nabohome.org

Acting Director
CUNY Human Ecodynamics Research Center (HERC)
http://herc.gc.cuny.edu/

To unsubscribe from the NABO list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=NABO&A=1