From: UK medical / health care library community / information workers <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Dolman, Karen
Sent: 05 September 2019 08:56
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: literature searching / obtaining articles in the olden days

I've really enjoyed reading these threads! I worked in public libraries in the days pre-internet and remember microfiche with great fondness, although I have no desire to return to that technology.

I worked in Acquisitions and remember all of our data coming on CD-ROMs then having to upload it to the main server which could take days! In the late 80s/early 90s we used a system called 'Cardbox' to manage data too - kind of like a pre-Access format but much clunkier! And card catalogues...

Best
Karen

Karen Dolman MA (Lib), AFHEA, PGCE | Learning & Teaching Support Librarian (Health & Wellbeing) | Student & Academic Services| Sheffield Hallam University| t: 0114 225 3991| e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
[cid:image002.jpg@01D407CD.C22B8870]<https://twitter.com/hallamlibrary>@HallamLibrary

Please note: I do not work weekends.
Currently reading: 'Broken Blade' - Ann Marston