Hi Ayo

I’m not quite sure what you are wanting people to do. Subscribing to Athens without purchasing electronic content is pointless as OpenAthens is just a user name and password that can be used to access multiple online resources. The resources themselves have to be paid for and are often (usually?) very expensive. However, no single library could possibly afford all the subscriptions necessary to satisfy all the article requests they receive.

If your point is that people should not be requesting articles on Lis-Medical then I agree. Lis-Medical was not set up as a list to satisfy document delivery requests but for professional discussions.

NHS Libraries already have the Healthill email list and can user Reprints Desk as a last resort to source journal articles.

Best Wishes

Tricia Rey
Library Services Manager
Queen Victoria Hospital