Hi Marie

DMU Library still uses a mix of spreadsheets and a dedicated ERM system.

The ERM we use has the option to set up automated email alerts – these alerts are based on subscription start/end dates that are recorded through the main database record in the ERM knowledge base:

We have set up alerts for 90, 60, and 30 days to act as reminders for renewals. The alerts are sent to nominated email addresses, so you still have to check your inbox regularly to view the notifications!

I also have a master Excel file that provides an oversight of our databases/eResources. The file contains subscription start and end dates but also a column I call “renewal decision date”. This date is populated with a date that takes into account subscription end date, any notice periods for resource agreement opt-outs and lead time for subject teams to evaluate usage/cost data. I then sort this to highlight upcoming renewal decisions:

Again, you still have to check the file regularly but at least I have a general idea of what is coming up in terms of renewals and this allows me to start work on preparing usage/cost information.

In terms of the renewal decision process itself, we provide subject teams with a usage/cost analysis file (we use a template that we can edit for individual resources). As part of this file, we include a renewal checklist that I or colleagues can use to mark renewal milestones and add notes etc:

Thanks

Mitchell

Mitchell Dunkley

Principal Information Assistant (Content Delivery), Library & Learning Services

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY

Leicester LE1 9BH

T: +44 (0) 116 207 8565

E: [log in to unmask]