The workflow for the renewal process was covered as part of the TERMS
(Techniques for Electronic Resource Management) project. It had an update in
2017

https://library.hud.ac.uk/blogs/terms/ . Guidelines for the renewal process
itself are here:  https://library.hud.ac.uk/blogs/terms/terms/annual-review/
I'm not sure how useful librarians have found the guidelines.

I guess actual practice will be determined to a significant extent by
whether the library is using a library services platform (LSP) which (by
definition) will include an fully integrated approach to electronic resource
management (and hence no (or few at least) spreadsheets?) or a library
management system/Integrated library system with a separate ERM system or
spreadsheets.

It would be interesting to hear if institutions using a LSP find the whole
process easier and more efficient to manage...

Ken

Director, Ken Chad Consulting Ltd
Tel +44 (0)7788 727 845
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]  Web:
<http://www.kenchadconsulting.com> www.kenchadconsulting.com

Twitter: @kenchad   Skype: Kenchadconsulting