Hello Martin,
Thanks very much for that good news, as I say Pastscape is still very much
in use out here.

I can understand that HE don't want to be responsible for maintaining out
of date information - but it would be much preferable either to keep
Pastscape up as an archive with a disclaimer saying 'Kept for Archive
only', which is what the BBC do with their old pages.

Alternatively/better can we request some sort of redirect is implemented
 based on the HOB UIDs from the old Pastscape links, eg ones of this form
https://www.pastscape.org.uk/hob.aspx?hob_id=1228510

As I say we have probably several thousand of links like these to specific
Pastscape pages which it would be a great shame to destroy (not to mention
the web traffic you would lose)

Many Thanks
Andy

Our New Book: THE OLD STONES awarded
*** Current Archaeology Book of the Year! ***
The Megalithic Portal http://www.megalithic.co.uk
Independent, non-profit making web site and society